[grsec] small oops with 2.6.7

spender at grsecurity.net spender at grsecurity.net
Tue Jul 27 16:56:48 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 08:14:06PM +0200, Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have Debian Sarge/testing on an old box (PII overclocked to 266Mhz)
> and it was running on a roll-your-own 2.6.7; but I have patched
> grsecurity into it, and recompiled it with the same config+grsecurity
> set up as I like it. During boot, after each daemon start I get the
> following oops:

Though it's not an oops, just a warning that a sleeping function was
called while a lock was held, I've corrected the problem in an updated
patch that I'm uploading to the server any minute now.

>  Does it mean that you are not currently working on a patch for 2.6.8?
> It seems 2.6.8 is close to be released.

I'll release for 2.4.27 and 2.6.7 first, even if 2.6.8 is released by
then.  The timeliness of a 2.6.8 patch depends on when PaX is ported to
2.6.8.  I'm releasing the 2.4 and 2.6 versions at the same time because
they share an updated gradm.

-Brad