[grsec] rule generation hangs

Brad Spengler spender at grsecurity.net
Tue Dec 28 11:16:29 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 08:57:24AM -0700, Lucas Albers wrote:

> I have a rule generation that hangs when generating the acl list for find.
> When I remove the learning log entries for find, it generates the acl list
> correctly.
> How can I exclude a command from the learning process, or determine why it
> is not working?

What version of grsecurity are you using?  How big is your learning log?
Were you using full-learning or regular learning?  The gradm from CVS
can exclude learning for specific paths.  See the learn_config file in
CVS for information on how to do that.  CVS gradm shouldn't have any
learning problems with hanging or taking up large amounts of memory.

-Brad