[grsec] fsck.reiserfs and vgchange SIGSEGV with 2.0.3-2.6.9

Milan Holzäpfel lists at mjh.name
Tue Dec 21 15:21:47 EST 2004

Hello,

I just tried to use the just released 2.0.3-2.6.9, but first I got a
SEGV from reiserfsck, which was ran like that:

| fsck.reiserfs -a /dev/hda13

As this is obviously a ReiserFS file system my init scripts shouldn't
have run it at all, but strace output is available at [1] anyway.

But then I get a SEGV from vgchange of lvm2 which is run with this
command:

| /sbin/vgchange -a y

The very last debug message I get frome vgchange when run with "-vvv" is

| vgchange      Locking memory

strace for vgchange is at [1] too, as well as grsec/pax-.config.  This
happended on both my Athlon64 in x86 mode (with Reiser4 patched into the
kernel too) and on a Pentium III, where I tried with plain vanilla 2.6.9
+ grsecurity patch.

I also tried with one of "paxctl -zxE" and "paxctl -zxem", but it didn't
make any change.  (My systems are gentoo where some binutils 2.15 with
the grsec patch are used.)  Any ideas on getting this to work?  Or is it
a bug?

Regards,
Milan

[1]: <URL:http://mjh.name/files/tmp/grsec-2.0.3-2.6.9-files/>

- --

                   Milan Holzäpfel alias jagdfalke alias jag

Antworten direkt an mich                             Answers directly to me
gehen bitte an eine Addresse,                        go to an address one
die man hier finden kann:                            can find here, please:

Kontaktinfos sowie                                   Contact infos as well as
Öff GnuPG-Schlüssel    <URL:http://con.mjh.name/>    GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Fingerabdruck     4C8A 5FAF 5D32 6125 89D1     GnuPG Fingerprint
                        0CE5 DB0C AF4F 6583 7966

                    http://www.deppenleerzeichen.de/